There are actually lots of tips available for an effective study habit, but as a hint, some of these tips may not be applicable for other people because of our different mind conditions when it comes to studying. Some prefer to study at midnight, accompanied with some gentle music, while others don’t. So better be wise and follow the correct study procedure.
Studying is considered for almost everyone as a work not a pleasure. For others, it is a line next to stress, so they evade it and prefer to be staying in the couch for a nap to fill in their comforts. If you are reading this article right now, I salute you. It only means that you placed an interest to learn more and determination to excel. You will then be more productive because this is how studying will affect you. Here are some easy tips to make the most out of your time in studying.
Discover Perfect Preferences:
Being aware of the differences of our personality, we better be conscious about our own prescription. It’s best to know on what certain condition you should be to feel at ease while launching to study. The important factors that we should be considering here are the time, environment, location, body condition and other personal unique necessities like music and food on the study table. It is very important to determine in this phase such factors because they are the basic requirement to start a perfect study condition as they have the biggest effect on the study process. Consider this example, you are a silent type of person, and here you are studying beside your friends chatting with loud music. Do you think you can absorb your notes? For sure, you cannot, you will just be wasting time. As a conclusion, it is better to discover the correct phases that fit your personality and be sure of your preferences then apply it.
Before exposing yourself under the study lamp, make sure that you are well prepared, just like how a soldier prepare before dropping to the battlefield. One of the best ways to begin this process is to start the conditioning in the mind. Simply think of your goals and the possible future effect that you might suffer if you won’t study, like failing to achieve your dream and career, or worst, being a scavenger. That will be enough to scare you and boost your mood. It is also recommended to empty your mind and relax. This will help you personalize your environment to fit in to your preferred mode. Another tip is don’t nap. Let me emphasize that napping is the best temptation to fall roaming in your dream and miss the moment to study and if you nap too long, you may feel groggy and disoriented upon awakening instead of refreshed. Play safe and stay away from bed, just stay awake and enjoy.
Make it Easy:
It is actually true that studying is a lot of stress because this activity uses lots of brain neurons as the brain absorb what you have studied. So better make studying easy to lessen the burden. How to do that? Check out some of the ways to make you study easy and try to see if this will be effective for you.
• Think that what you are studying is just a piece of cake and that you can always do it. Thinking positively will also give positive effect.
• Follow a scheduled study time, it will be hard to make studying a habit if you do that at different hours every day.
• If you are memorizing, make sure that your mind is empty and challenge yourself to memorize the lines or the terms at the shortest time possible. You will tend to focus more when you are challenged.
• For hard terms, you associate them with some simpler words, for example, “Cougar”- you can associate that with “cool guard.”
• For enumerations you can abbreviate the terms. Example: ABO- Apple, Banana,Orange
• Make a note and rewrite. Rewriting a note will allow you to summarize it and can help you discover possible question that you need to answer, rewriting a note will also help you to find out your weaknesses and strength.
• Think of your lesson in class when you are having a free time. You can use your imagination to flashback all the discussions made in the class. Try doing that while waiting for a bus or while falling in a long line and experience the effect.
• Important: Take a break if you think that you cannot absorb what you are studying anymore. A tasty snack can help you regain your mood.
You really don’t have to spend all your time and effort in studying. All you need is not to study harder but to study smarter. And try to get the fun of it.